error while loading shared libraries: libxfcegui4.3

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Fri Jun 11 23:09:58 CEST 2004

Andre Lerche wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> On Fri, 11.06.2004 at 04:03 PM, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>>it's a libtool issue.  either update your system's libtool, or try
>>running autogen.sh for libxfcegui4 (and possibly the other lib*
>>packages, if necessary).
>>
>>	-brian
>

> Yep, it works with the libtool from www.xfce.org/archive/tools/

A horribly hackish, yet functional, solution for me was to add the
following to my xinitrc:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/xfce4/lib

I did this before knowing about the libtool issue, and it turns
out that updating libtool is a non-trivial task for me at the
moment.

-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA