[xfwm4] Undocked toolbars

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Sat Jun 5 22:08:27 CEST 2004

Hello,

 1. Open gftp (2.0.17)
 2. Drag the || (left) at the toolbar to make it floating.
 3. Focus the main window.
 4. Help -> About
 5. Close
 6. Type a few characters, you'll see that the input focus is at the
    "Host" field.

Other case:

 1. Open Konqueror (KDE 3.2.2)
 2. Double click the || (left) at the toolbar to make it floating.
 3. Focus the main window.
 4. Help -> About KDE
 5. Close
 6. You'll see optically that the focus is at the toolbar.

Same with Nautilus etc.

Now clear what I mean?

* Olivier <fourdan at xfce.org> [2004-06-05 22:00]:
> Bernhard,
>
> I'm really not seeing anything like this here, can you post a test case
> that clearly exhibits the problem?
>
> TIA
> Olivier.
>
> On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 21:52, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> > * Olivier <fourdan at xfce.org> [2004-06-05 21:41]:
> > >
> > > You don't get the point; Open Office hides the toolbar when the
> > > corresponding window loses focus and remaps it when the window regain
> > > focus. That's the whole problem, because the WM will give focus to the
> > > newly mapped toolbar.
> >
> > Ok, I don't understand this really because I cannot see that OpenOffice
> > hides the tool window. But I believe you :)
> >

> > But: What's with Qt/KDE or Gnome toolbars?
> > They have the type _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_TOOLBAR.
> >
> > In case of Gftp it even gets the keyboard focus but the main window gets
> > the optical focus (blue titlebar) which is very confusing.
> >
> > At least the last thing is a bug in my opinition.
> >

> > Gruß,
> > Bernhard

Gruß,
Bernhard

--
"Der Mensch erfand die Atombombe, doch keine Maus der Welt würde eine