Default icons

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Jul 23 22:57:49 CEST 2004

I think we've discussed this earlier, but we've never come to a
conclusion so far. Now that 4.2 is coming along its way, I think its
finally time to decide what we choose for the default icon theme.

Until recently we had mostly icons stolen from Gnome or other projects.
But Francois was so nice to create icons for Xfce, the Rodent icon
theme, heres the URL just in case:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/xfce/snapshot.png

We've already adopted some of the icons (the session manager icons, the
menueditor icon, the appfinder icon, ...). IMHO we should use his icons
as the default icons. They're clean and nice looking and they weren't
copied from Gnome/KDE, this is one thing of our own.

So, feel free to vote.

Benedikt