new icon theme implementation?

Don Christensen djc at cisco.com
Mon Jul 19 23:58:55 CEST 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>> here's my list of problems:
>>
>> 1) no gtk 2.2 implementation, and my current icon finder for 2.2
>> royally sucks and needs to be rewritten anyway.
>
> I don't think this is a big problem. Most people will have upgraded to 2.4.

I would like to respectfully disagree with this opinion.  It would
cause me some not insignificant amount of pain to upgrade to 2.4
any time in the near future.  I also use multi-head, so keeping up
with the latest CVS HEAD is important to me, at least until the 4.2
release and probably beyond that.

On the other hand, if this only affects the icon finder, then I am
not too concerned.  It's not something I use often enough to care
strongly about (as long as "royally sucks" can be loosely translated
as "it pretty much works").

I am mostly concerned about the attitude I see expressed here from
time to time that maybe 2.2 isn't worth supporting any more.  I
understand that it's a pain from a development perspective, but such
is the world we live in.  Count this as a vote from at least one
user who needs gtk+ 2.2 support.

Thanks,
-Don

--
Don Christensen       Senior Software Development Engineer
djc at cisco.com         Cisco Systems, Santa Cruz, CA