[XFCE 0000246]: xffm fails on directories which include spaces

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sat Jul 17 12:58:33 CEST 2004

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 01:16:45AM +0000, xfce-bugs at xfce.org wrote:
>  edscott - 2004-07-17 01:16 GMT
> With improvements to xfdesktop and xfsession-manager, there seems to be
> little holding back alpha-4.2, so 4.0.7 might never be released. So for
> the time being, a 4.0.x fix is on hold.

It's a shame that a bug which could cause someone to run an entirely
different program to the one they click on isn't deemed critical enough
to merit a fix in the released branch of code.

I was under the impression 4.2 was going to be at latest September.

>From my point of view, Debian are going to release sarge soon[0] so either
I'll have to try to backport your fix to xfce_4_0 or release with what
could potentially be a security bug[1]

Is there any way I can change your mind?  If not can you point me at the
specific revisions of files in which you fixed this in CVS HEAD please?

Simon.

[0] Shush, stop laughing.
[1] Whilst I doubt anyone is really stupid enough to run any GUI file
    manager as root I am continually impressed by users' abilities to
    get themselves in all sorts of trouble.

--
Just another wannabie |     "I'm Beverly...", "I'm     |  Just another fool