Gtk 2.4.4: Smaller panel icons

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Mon Jul 12 22:07:49 CEST 2004

* Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> [2004-07-12 21:31]:
> Bernhard Walle wrote:
> >
> > I use Xfce 4.0.6 and upgraded to Gtk 2.4.4. The result is that the
> > panel icons are smaller than with Gtk 2.4.0.
> >
> > See http://turing.fh-landshut.de/~bwalle/screenshot.png
> > and http://turing.fh-landshut.de/~bwalle/panel_new.png
> >
> > Is this intended, not possible in another way or a bug?
>
> This is exactly what caused the cropped icons bug. You would have seen
> that if you had used xfce 4.0.5. Gtk changed the size allocation for
> buttons to include padding for a focus indicator, which leaves less
> space for the icon; how much less depends on the theme.

I saw that GtkButton::focus-padding in the theme setting is
responsible for this.

Is there no way to apply another setting only for panel buttons? In
"Very small" mode, the icons are a bit too small now, in my opinion.

Regards,
Bernhard

--
Excusing bad programming is a shooting offence, no matter _what_ the