panel dock type broken

Michael Andrews mandrews at mandrews.org
Mon Jul 12 04:42:00 CEST 2004

Look, I'm new here, and you guys can do what you think is best; but
allow me to decent for a moment.

Personally, I prefer to have the panel ALMOST completely covered.  I
tend to leave just enough space to see the bottom of the icons.  I can
then click them without without disturbing my windows (as soon I
suppress the panel raise that occurs).  This is the way CDE works on HP
workstation at work and I _LIKE_ it.  This is why I submitted a patch to
get the iconbox to work the same way as the panel (which BTW doesn't
seem to have been accepted -- c'est la vive).

"Always on top" is what has driven to xfce (from gnome via several other
options).  If you guys drop it, I'll have to start my desktop/wm
wanderings again.

OK, I'm done.  Switching to lurk mode.
--
Michael Andrews <mandrews at mandrews.org>