CVS source compilation error: undefined references in libxfcegui4.so

C K ckrenson at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 11 21:06:30 CEST 2004

Hello, I'm new to the devel list, and I have grabbed (what i think is)
the most recent version of the CVS sources and get these compile errors
with xfce-mcs-manager:

/usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to `xfce_version_string'
/usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to
`xfce_desktop_entry_get_int'
/usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to
`xfce_utf8_remove_controls'
/usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to `xfce_gethostname'
/usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to `xfce_setenv'
/usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to
`xfce_desktop_entry_get_string'
/usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to
`xfce_expand_variables'
/usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to
`xfce_desktop_entry_get_type'
/usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to
`xfce_desktop_entry_get_file'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [xfce-setting-show] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/rzzn/xfce4/xfce-mcs-manager/xfce-setting-show'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rzzn/xfce4/xfce-mcs-manager'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm gathering it's probably only a simple matter of header files in the
libxfcegui4 package, but I'm not sure.  I exported PKG_CONFIG_PATH and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_RUN_PATH, with the latter two pointing to
/usr/local/lib in case that was the issue, but to no avail.  I am also
using gcc 3.3.3 on a gentoo system.

Hopefully this problem is easy to fix on my end, but I'm unsure how to.
Does anyone know how?
Thanks,

Fred