panel dock type broken

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 9 15:46:22 CEST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> - Make the panel a dock type window. This is my personal preference. It does
>   take away some configurability.
> - Make panel a normal window and use window state ABOVE for always on top.
>   This will possibly make more people happy.

for my purposes, the first option is fine, as that's how i use my panel.
however, i feel like enough people will be bothered by the loss of the
option of allowing other windows to cover the panel that it's not worth
the simplification.

on the other hand, i feel like i always say that - "i personally don't
care, but it seems like a lot of people will hate this".  it's possible
that that's all in my head, and very few people will really care.  i
certainly don't.  so, people of the list, if you care, speak up ^_~.

i see jasper's already made the change in CVS, so i suppose it's a moot
point, but we all know i can never resist tossing in my 2 cents...

	-brian