Couple CVS problems I'm having.....

Wade Nelson hollywoodb at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 7 19:52:43 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Wade Nelson wrote:
>

>>1) xfdesktop right-click menu doesn't work... middle-click window-list
>>menu does... the right-click menu seems to be set up correctly,
>>xfce-menueditor has no issues with it.
>

> the menu editor reads the menu file itself, so that's not necessarily
> related.  try running xfdesktop from a terminal (kill it first) and see
> if there are any messages printed.  also make sure
> $prefix/lib/xfce4/modules/libxfce4_deskop_menu.so exists.  if it's
> missing the .so exstension, you have a libtool problem - run xfdesktop's
> autogen.sh instead of configure.

xfdesktop was looking in /usr/lib/xfce4/modules; however the actual file
was in /usr/local/lib/xfce4/modules... I'm not sure why since they were
configured/compiled/installed in the same fashion, but a symlink fixed
it for now.

any ideas on this? :

2) pagers in both taskbar & panel do not show what desktop I'm on...
they show open windows and such, but the current desktop is not
highlighted... the panel desktop-switcher applet does show what desktop
I'm on