iconbox "always on top"

Michael Andrews mandrews at mandrews.org
Thu Jul 1 02:11:09 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-27 at 10:55, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> I have committed it to the stable branch in CVS (after changing it to
> apply to that branch ;). If you'd like to see something similar in the
> development branch, you should set or unset the dock type hint, instead
> of the layer; this can be copied from the panel as well.

Yes I would like to see this in the next version of xfce.  Attached is
the patch (via 'cvs diff') for the sync-ing the "always on top" status
between the panel and the iconbox.

> I can't guarantee that I won't change anything again, though. There are
> still some problems that may be related to this.

I understand.  I'll try and keep up (I _really_ want this feature).

One related suggestion (bug?) concerning the panel.  If you click on a
button, the panel raises itself to the top (in all workspaces).  If I
can get to the button, I don't need the panel raised (and certainly not
in every workspace).  If I want it raised, I'll click on the panel
border or one of its handles.  Anyway, if I can figure the panel out,
you might see a patch for this too.

I guess I'm getting cranky in my old age; but CDE got this behavour
right, and I've gotten used to it.  Thanks for all your hard work.
--
Michael Andrews <mandrews at mandrews.org>