[patch] xfdesktop menu icons

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Jan 29 09:34:32 CET 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 02:13:55AM -0500, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> hi all-
>
> this is by no means finished, but i wanted to get out a patch before i
> went to bed tonight so people can play...

Wow, that's a pretty big patch. Nice.

Two suggestions (for now ...) :

* Don't show icon when there is none found and/or none specified. A menu
  full of default icons is not very useful ;-)

* Perhaps we should limit the system menu to one level, or at least
  'collapse' empty menus, e.g I have this:

   Graphics -> 2DGraphics -> RasterGraphics -> The Gimp

   No other items in the menus ;-) I'd say Graphics -> The Gimp would be
   more appropriate.

   One idea is to pick a number of toplevel categories and try to fit
   everything into them. Well, just a thought, probably inspired by the
   fact that I don't like hierarchic menus much at all.

Great work brian.

[...]
> enjoy, and let me know what breaks ^_^.

Nothing so far ;-)