xfce4-session: halt does not work using sudo

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 28 20:09:44 CET 2004

Le lundi 26 janvier 2004 à 17:47, Benedikt Meurer a écrit:

> >Hi,
>
> Hello Francois,
>
> >Looks like the halt command from the xfce4-session logout dialog is
> >broken when using sudo /sbin/halt. The same command works from cli.  I
> >receive the "Got no way to shutdown the system. You should ask..." popup
> >all the time.
> >
> >Reboot works.
> >
> >No debug info to provide...
>
> I'm sorry, but I really don't know what could be wrong here.

Benny,

Reversing this change in shutdown.c:

http://www.lunar-linux.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xfce4/xfce4-session/xfce4-session/shutdown.c.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2&cvsroot=Xfce

solves the problem.

I did not try, but I guess I could grant /me to use sudo /sbin/poweroff
and that it would work with current version? Anyway, got my answer.

Cheers
François
--
F. Le Clainche - PGP key: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/pgp.html