Menueditor in xfce ?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Fri Jan 23 22:30:50 CET 2004

Op vr 23-01-2004, om 20:55 schreef Jean-François Wauthy:
> Le jeu 22/01/2004 à 20:44, Jasper Huijsmans a écrit :
> > Op do 22-01-2004, om 17:06 schreef Jean-François Wauthy:
> > > >
> > > what do you mean by "ready for inclusion" ?
> > > it can wait a little (i'm implementing support for drag and drop in the
> > > menu tree and after it will become version 1.0)
> > > For me it's ready, i haven't found (until now) any nasty bug but i only
> > > released it yesterday evening, perhaps weird behaviour can be reported
> > > in the next few days
> > >

> > Three things that are missing as far as I can tell:
> >
> > Easy
> > * quit ( <builtin name="Quit" cmd="quit"> )
> > * visible="no" property (use extra column: Hidden [x])
> >
> it's done as well as opening menu.xml in use when starting,
> xfce4-menueditor-0.95 released (http://users.skynet.be/p0llux/)

Excellent. Will test more tomorrow. A few things:
* visible property is not read or written properly.
* can't edit separators, title or quit
* you shouldn't show confirmation dialog when there are no changes to be
saved.
* 'Are you sure you want to quit?' -> No -> oops, window gone, program
still running ;-)

> > Hard
> > * including files by using an entity (&menu2;)
> >
> > This will be hard, I think. I'm not sure this should prevent adding the
> > menu editor, but it is important functionality (debian menu, menumaker).
> >
> > Ideally the menu parser would be changed to use glib xml and we'd use
> > something like <include>path/to/menu2.xml</include> instead of entities.
> > That would be easier to support in the editor.
> >
> yes, hard but not impossible :-)
> what does appear in the tree : the include path or the menu itself (in
> the second case it will be HARD) ?

Show the filename, I think. Usually included files will have been
generated by some utility and you don't want to edit them manually.

Perhaps an option to edit that file (in a second instance of the
program?), but that's not too important.

thanks,
	Jasper