xfce4-session multisession

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Jan 23 09:17:29 CET 2004

Matt Lancereau wrote:
> Hi,

Hey Matt,

> I use a simple cmd line to switch from pc monitor to tv.
> #!/bin/sh
> xinit gmplayer -geometry 800x600 -- :1 -screen screen_tv
>
> Since 0.1.4 I can't anymore and here is the error:
>
> ** (xfce4-session:31189): WARNING **: Another session manager is already
> running, unable to continue
> ** ERROR **: Unable to initialize session manager
> aborting...
> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> I'll try cvs version as soon as possible, but for now, is this a known
> problem ?

I'm not sure if I understand what you want to do, but maybe try the following:

env SESSION_MANAGER= xinit gmplayer -geometry 800x600 -- :1 -screen screen_tv

(Anyways I wonder why xinit would try to start another instance of the session
manager?)

Maybe better use the following one:

env DISPLAY=:1 gmplayer -geometry 800x600

> Cheers, Matt.

regards,
Benedikt

--