Menueditor in xfce ?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Jan 22 20:44:07 CET 2004

Op do 22-01-2004, om 17:06 schreef Jean-François Wauthy:

> what do you mean by "ready for inclusion" ?
> it can wait a little (i'm implementing support for drag and drop in the
> menu tree and after it will become version 1.0)
> For me it's ready, i haven't found (until now) any nasty bug but i only
> released it yesterday evening, perhaps weird behaviour can be reported
> in the next few days

Three things that are missing as far as I can tell:

Easy
* quit ( <builtin name="Quit" cmd="quit"> )
* visible="no" property (use extra column: Hidden [x])

Hard
* including files by using an entity (&menu2;)

This will be hard, I think. I'm not sure this should prevent adding the
menu editor, but it is important functionality (debian menu, menumaker).

Ideally the menu parser would be changed to use glib xml and we'd use
something like <include>path/to/menu2.xml</include> instead of entities.
That would be easier to support in the editor.

	Jasper