xfwm4 feature request

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Thu Jan 15 15:10:40 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 00:45, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi Edscott,
>
> I'm sorry I won't add this just for a single user that defines a
> 3072x2400 screen for an actual 1152x864 resolutions...
>
> Oh, and I hardly see how your config saves memory...

Saves memory from the motherboard by using video memory. Off screen
memory usage is not swapped to disk (remains in video card memory),
therefore there is no sloow redrawing of mozilla after it has been out
of sight for a  while, and other cute things. But the configuration is
not practical with a touchpad pointer (best with wireless mouse).

I'll just stick with twm on this box. BTW, allowing the user to choose
where to place windows also has advantages for xinerama users too.