xfwm4 feature request

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Jan 14 23:35:27 CET 2004

I have a feature request for xfwm4. Something apparently simple, I hope.
The feature is an option to place new windows (regardless of what the
application asks the wm) wherever the user wants them. IOW, an option to
behave like twm.

Why? Say a user upgrades his video card to a 64 MB thing. Current server
memory is 256 MB. So to free up server memory and use video memory and
make things go faster, the user defines a virtual screen of 3072x2400 on
a 1152x864 resolution screen (all desktops on the same screen, so to
speak). This demands the ability to place new windows at will, or else
there is no way to know where they are. This forces the user to use twm.
Which makes the panel complain on startup. And xfdekstop does not work
too good either.

regards,

Edscott