xfce4-session troubles with conf ?

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun Jan 11 13:51:44 CET 2004

iSteve wrote:
>>> Umm, I've noticed some very odd thing with the xfce4-session ...
>>>
>>> ... when I have some xterms, xchat, xmms, licq and firebird ...
>>>  - it won't run firebird (I suppose coz the binary listed in process
>>> list isn't the one that is in fact executed by user)
>>
>> Mozilla isn't session management aware (neither X11R6 nor X11R5 sm
>> support). From what I know Firebird follows that tradition.
>
> It is in session list (both firebird and thunderbird)

Hm, interesting. My Firebird does not appear to have SM support. Does its
support is native or emulated through smproxy (the difference is visible in
that smproxy does not show usernames in the Session Control, but instead show
userids).

>>>  - Won't run licq (imho same reason as firebird)
>>
>> Don't know about licq. Does it appear in the "session control" list?
>
> Yes, it does, as licq.real

Any error messages on startup (.xsession-errors)?

regards,
Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/