Can't run xfce without panel

áÒÔÅÍ ÷ÁÈÉÔÏ× temcat at mnogo.ru
Mon Jan 12 19:13:57 CET 2004

Hi all,

what should I do in order to run xfce without the panel?

Currently, if I comment out all the stuff related to the panel from xinitrc, I'm thrown back to the login manager in a few seconds after logging in. Looks like it doesn't want to run without the panel...

Xfce 4.0.1, my xinitrc:

#!/bin/sh

xsetroot -solid black -cursor_name watch

# Start-up stuff from ~/Desktop/Autostart directory, if it exists
# (as it seems to be the new standard)
if [ -d "$HOME/Desktop/Autostart" ]; then
  for i in `ls -1 ${HOME}/Desktop/Autostart/ 2>/dev/null`; do
    if [ -x $HOME/Desktop/Autostart/$i ]; then
      $HOME/Desktop/Autostart/$i &
    fi
  done
fi

if [ -f $HOME/.Xmodmap ]; then
	xmodmap $HOME/.Xmodmap
fi

# Those are my settings, change them as appropriate...
# Xft DPI: 96
# Xft.hintstyle: hintnone/hintslight/hintmedium/hintfull
# Xft hinting: 1/0

xrdb -merge - << EOF
Xft.dpi: 96
Xft.hinting: 1
Xft.hintstyle: hintmedium
EOF

# Launch xscreensaver (if available)
xscreensaver -no-splash &

xfce-mcs-manager
xfwm4 --daemon
#rox --pinboard=1
xftaskbar4&

xfdesktop&

#panel=`which xfce4-panel`
#if test "x$panel" != "x" ; then
#	$panel
#	ret=$?
#	while [ $ret -ne 0 ] ; do
#		echo "A crash occured in the panel"
#		echo "Please report this to the xfce4-dev at moongroup.com list"
#		echo "Meanwhile the panel will be restarted"
#		$panel
#		ret=$?
#	done
#fi

#xsetroot -solid black -cursor_name watch

Thanks in advance,
Artem Vakhitov

Получайте скидки и бонусы по бесплатной карте Клуба Много.ру!
http://club.mnogo.ru/anketa.html?ref=namnogo