xfdesktop: trying to add .desktop file support

Danny Milosavljevic danny.milo at gmx.net
Sun Jan 11 16:48:08 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to add rudimentary .desktop file support to xfdesktop...

However, I'm kinda stuck since it does parse all the .desktop files, and
after that, it displays the menu, then it segfaults...
No idea how to debug that since X is blocked when the menu is shown...
i.e. cant type anything in gdb...

I'll try to find the cause by hand, but maybe someone 1) knows how to
debug that or 2) finds it faster, so attached you can find menu.c.
Also copy xfce_desktop_entry.c and xfce_desktop_entry.h into the same
directory as it is included statically for now...

Thanks...