[REQUEST] Minimize Windows into Desktop Icons

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Sun Feb 22 23:31:28 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 14:52, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> no, it's not.  there's something somwhat similar, the iconbox.  it's
> just a self-growing/shrinking window that can hold icons for apps
> (there's an option for whether it keeps icons for all apps, or just
> minimised apps).  basically it's a self-resising taskbar with no text.
> not really a substitue for true minimise-to-desktop, but it's there
> nonetheless.

	FWIW, I would like to see the iconbox be more like the one in CDE.  The
single line ever growing way the current one works is ok but not as easy
to coordinate as the CDE iconbox.  If I had the coding knowledge/skill
I'd try and mess with it myself but unfortunately the last time I was
actually programming was in the mid-80's and that was mainframe COBOL.

--
Kuramarujo - http://www.webtrek.com/~klemmerj/sumo.html