Dropped doxygen

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Feb 12 13:36:21 CET 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 11:10:30AM +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> >On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 08:20:52AM +0100, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> >
> >I can install it with --enable-gtk-doc, but that shouldn't be required,
> >should it?
>
> I followed the example of Gnome to have only the templates in CVS, not the
> generated files. Should we put the generated files in CVS as well?

Well, that has always been our policy.

If we are going to change it, we should do it for all generated files
(configure, makefile.in, po/*.gmo, etc.).  It makes no sense to have all
these files in CVS if a user can't install the modules easily, anyway.

So, IMO generated files should be in CVS unless Olivier decides we
should change our policy. There are definite advantages to this of
course. For instance we would have less problems with autotools versions
-- there will be a minimum required version, instead of an exact version
for the tools.

On the other hand, CVS users (and developers) will need up-to-date
autotools and working gtk-doc installations.

	Jasper