Dropped doxygen

Olivier FOURDAN fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 12 13:26:58 CET 2004

Hi all,

> > I can install it with --enable-gtk-doc, but that shouldn't be required,
> > should it?
>
> I followed the example of Gnome to have only the templates in CVS, not the
> generated files. Should we put the generated files in CVS as well?

Dunno. Most projetct don't even put configure and Makefile.in in CVS, and let people generate them. The pro of this is that we don't care about what libtool/autoconf/automake versions we have, only the release manager should take care of generating the right files for release inclusion.

The cons seems fairly obvious to me, a lot less people are able to try the CVS version, since most people won't bother doing the necessary steps to achive compilation of the sources fetched from CVS.

So it's a good time for discuss that IMO:

1) Do we include configure, Makefiles and docbook documentation in CVS
2) Do we exclude them all
3) Shouldn't we switch to subversion ? :)

(Ok, question #3 is definitely another matter :)

Cheers,
Olivier.