First xfce4 basuqe translation

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Feb 10 22:47:23 CET 2004

Jasper,

> That is a very good question, on which I don't really have an answer.
> Personally I'm hoping we can make our next release from the HEAD
> branch.  It would be a pity if you did extra work for nothing.

Next release will be 4.0.4 for sure, while 4.2.0 will be based in the
current HEAD, but there is no guarantee that strings won't change until
we reach 4.2.0

> Anybody else have an opinion on this?

If translators want their language to be included in the current
releases, then they should provide the po files for the xfce_4_0 branch.
If they want the translations to be part of the next 4.2.0 branch, then
HEAD is fine, knowing that by definition, it is not stable, so
translations will change.

> For now, I'll update the CVS branch. They are mostly still the same I
> believe, so I can just add these translations to the stable branch as
> well, if you want.

It's up to the translators to decide whether or not thay can afford
maintaining two different sets of translations. I know maintaining both
is no fun, but I have no easy answer.

 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org - http://www.xfce.org -