[Xfce4-commits] CVS: xfce4/xfdesktop TODO,1.5,1.6

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Tue Feb 10 22:41:34 CET 2004

Op di 10-02-2004, om 22:26 schreef Danny Milosavljevic:
> Hi,
>
> Am Die, den 10.02.2004 schrieb Jasper Huijsmans um 22:10:
> > Op di 10-02-2004, om 22:05 schreef Danny Milosavljevic:
> > > +* .desktop files: StartupNotify=true   [useful ?]
> >
> > Very ;-) It would be really nice if we would use that info.
>
> Is panel's exec_cmd generic enough to be promoted ? ;)

Yeah, forgot to mention that ;) This or a similar function should indeed
be added to libxfce4util or libxfcegui4. Probably needs to be reviewed
to see if it is indeed generic enough and if the API isn't too limiting.
I seems to work well for the panel.

	Jasper

PS
Btw, unrelated to whether these functions are moved, one possible change
could be to use /bin/sh (or $SHELL) to execute the command when it
contains shell meta characters. I believe this is what perl does as
well, for example.