[patch] more xfdesktop stuff - help wanted

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 9 22:34:22 CET 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> the other thing is that all the stack traces that valgrind report as
> being the causes of unfreed memory point to uses of libxml2 _inside_
> librsvg (as called from libgdk-pixbuf).  hmm... perhaps i should
> temporarily remove SVG support and see if that solves the problem.  that
> would be quite a shame tho if it were.  ah well, i'll try that tonight
> when i get home.

yeah, i'm lame, replying to my own email.  anyway, it's a slow day here
at work, so i VNCed home and tested my theory.  stop loading SVG icons,
memleak goes away.  damn librsvg authors making me think i suck at
memory management ^_~.

so i suppose i'll do some cleanups tonight and commit what i have, with
the SVG-disable in place (*sigh*).

question: how should i handle the updating of autoconf/make-generated
files?  iirc, i'm running the right versions of everything that jasper(?)
mentioned a couple weeks ago, except for libtool (i'm still on 1.4 and
i'm somewhat hesitant to upgrade for fear of system breakage).  anyway,
rerunning autogen.sh makes all of my Makefile.in's different (10-15
lines or so), and the configure i generate is vastly different.  so
should i just commit as-is, or is there a magical method i'm not aware
of...?

	-brian