[patch] xfdesktop menu icons and menu autogeneration, again

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 9 06:53:50 CET 2004

Biju Chacko wrote:

>It would be nice if you could put the menu building code into a library. I'm
>just thinking in terms of a panel plugin to pop up the same menu or perhaps
>menus for specific categories of apps.

yes - i was thinking about that as well, after i saw the screenshot of
jasper's new panel with the "xfce button."  right now the code is pretty
self-contained, and with my last two patches, it's all broken out into
separate files for each function (menu file parsing, .desktop-menu
generation, icon discovery).  after it's done, i'd like to move all this
stuff into libxfcegui4, assuming that turns out to be the best place for it.

    -brian