xfwm4 invisible border w/ most themes

Olivier FOURDAN fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr
Fri Feb 6 11:32:55 CET 2004

> Op do 05-02-2004, om 23:40 schreef Jesse Wagner:
> > Using anything but a few themes (default, bbs, curve, default-4.0, exocet
> > etc) the window border disappears. This has been like this for most of
> > this week. I just updated xfwm4 and xfwm4-themes a few minutes ago.
>
> Surely that must mean the window manager crashes or otherwise exits.

Not necessarily,  I've never got a crash report for xfwm4, as far as I can remember.

> Try running 'xfwm4 -daemon' from a terminal again.

Most likely, the install is broken and xwm4 can't find any theme so it fails to load any pixmap, therefore no decoration. I bet the "xfwm4 -daemon" will fail with "another window manager is running" error.

But that might be too much self confidence from me :)

Cheers,
Olivier.