xfce4-menueditor problems

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed Feb 4 14:53:48 CET 2004

El mié, 04-02-2004 a las 06:32, Jean-François Wauthy escribió:
> Le mer 04/02/2004 à 13:23, Jasper Huijsmans a écrit :
> > All declarations must be at the start of a block. Gcc3 allows
> > declarations anywhere, but earlier versions do not, nor I expect do
> > other compilers.
> >
> yes but here i declare the variable at the start of the block,...

Let me venture a hypothesis,

gint response = gtk_dialog_run(GTK_DIALOG(dialog));

In my mind's eye it seems unpredictable the way different compilers
could interpret that since gtk will wander off in a new gtk loop. Maybe
it would be clearer to write the following instead,

if (gtk_dialog_run(GTK_DIALOG(dialog)) == GTK_RESPONSE_YES) {
  gtk_widget_destroy(dialog);
  /* do your thing */
} else gtk_widget_destroy(dialog);

And get rid of any need for declaration or initialisation.

my $.02 ;-)