libxfcegui4 version to try

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Feb 3 10:04:31 CET 2004

edscott wilson garcia wrote:
> El lun, 02-02-2004 a las 15:29, Benedikt Meurer escribió:
>>The XFce version ("XFce 4.1.4") string you see on the screenshots is currently
>>taken from the libxfcegui4 VERSION macro. This is one thing I'd like to get
>>rid of. I'd like to see a function xfce_get_version_string() or similar in
>>libxfce4util that returns a) either the libxfce4util VERSION, replacing
>>xfce-utils as the "Version package" (which makes more sense to me, since
>>libxfce4util has to be installed in any case, whereas xfce-utils is optinal),
>>or b) adding a special version string to libxfce4util - set from configure.ac
>>- that tells the XFce version number, which can then be different from the
>>version number of the libxfce4util package. Olivier, Jasper, Edscott, Botsie,
>>what do you think? a), b) or another way?
>
> If I understand correctly, what would be nice are two strings, one which
> informs of the libxfce4util version (set from the configure script at
> compile time) and another version string that pertains to the
> application that is using libxfce4util, and set as a parameter by the
> application.

No. What I ment is an overall XFce desktop version string.

You have something like

AC_DEFINE([XFCE_VERSION], [4.0.3])

in libxfce4util/configure.ac which is updated everytime we make a new release,
and a function

G_CONST_RETURN gchar *
xfce_version(void)
{
	return(XFCE_VERSION);
}

in libxfce4util which returns the version string.

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/
pkgsrc "Work in progress":                  http://pkgsrc-wip.sf.net/