Session manager's shutdown/reboot options docs

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Dec 31 03:20:55 CET 2004

jaanus wrote:

> Hi
>
> I suggest changing session manager doc's "Shutdown/reboot options"
> part from
> myuser myhost=/usr/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper
> myuser ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper
> as first one does not seem to work (or is not enough?). Any suggestions?

it occurs to me that using your hostname in place of 'myhost' may not
work properly if there isn't an appropriate entry in /etc/hosts.  not
sure if that should resolve to a 'real' IP address, or just 127.0.0.1,
or if either will work, or even if a real DNS name will work.  though
"myuser ALL=/usr/libexec/xfsm-shutdown-helper" should do the trick as
well, and still prompt you for a password.

    -brian