4.2-RC3: resizing & sticky-window problems

James Golden chibifs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 07:55:36 CET 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:24:51 +0100, Rob Lahaye <lahaye at snu.ac.kr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> System: FreeBSD 5.3 with GCC 3.4.2 and gtk 2.4.14.
>
> 1) From "Settings-Manager -> Window Manager" I select style "Xfce".
>    To make windows sticky, I click on the second widget in the title bar,
>    which looks like an "o". When clicking there, the stickiness works,
>    but the title bar does not show it; it is still an open "o".
>    I consider this a bug.

Well, don't consider it a bug. This is a port of the default theme
from XFCE 3. It's unchanged for purposes of nostalgia. If it bothers
you that much, you can edit the theme yourself, or use a different
one. Not all themes alternate their sticky icon. Don't expect them all
to change because of your peeve. Not trying to sound rude.

> 2) For resizing windows without showing the contents: the size indicator
>    in the center removes contents of the original window while resizing.
>    This is ugly.

It's what you told it to do. Not displaying the contents of the window
while resizing, is indeed not displaying those contents while
resizing. If you want them to show, check the box, don't uncheck it.