Rodent theme, illegal filenames on windows

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Sun Dec 19 06:52:27 CET 2004

Benedikt Meurer wrote:

>>> Windows doesn't allow a colon (:) in a filename. Any suggestions on
>>> how to fix this? Can we rename these files globally, or should I add
>>> a cygwin-specific section to the Makefile.am?
>>>

>> Hehe, then it seems the proposed freedesktop standard excludes windows...
>>
> Right, this seems to exclude Cygwin users. As a quick fix, we could add
> another automake condition and check that in Makefile.am. Maarten, what
> do you think?

So if I understand correctly, these symlinks are not required, and are
only there to satisfy the freedesktop standard. If we do *not* create
these symlinks on cygwin, Xfce will still work. Is that correct?

Adding the logic to not create these on cygwin is easy. I just need to
know which of the themes do this. I'll have a look at it later this week.

Maarten