xfce 4.2 RC3, anybody?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Dec 17 03:01:42 CET 2004

On 12/16/04 21:44, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> We've got several important fixes since RC2 already. My feeling is that
> we reached a much stable stage thatn what we had in RC2 (I'm thinking of
> the panel fixes and xfwm4 fixes)
>
> Iwould vote for a wuick RC3 release this WE so we have a fairly stable
> RC before the final.
>
> Any thoughts, strong feelings,?

sounds good to me.  i closed off a few more bugs last night (a couple of
them just INVALIDs that i hadn't had a chance to look at), so i think
i'm pretty good.  i'm not too happy with the icons-missing bug, though
someone did mention something about installing the hicolor icon theme,
so it's possible that the problem is with my confgiure.ac portion in
libxfcegui4 that checks for $datadir/hicolor/index.theme and installs one
if it doesn't exist... but i don't think so.  we need some more
experimentation in this area, but i don't think i'm going to have time to
look at it until monday, at the earliest.  i'd just like to avoid the
need for a 4th RC if possible.  i'm not saying 4.2.0 will be squeaky-clean,
but IMO this bug is a pretty major one.

	-brian