Terminal 0.2.0 available

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Fri Dec 3 11:50:24 CET 2004

Benjamin Rich wrote:
> I know I'm not a regular on the list, but I just had a couple of
> questions (because I've been badly wanting an alternative to
> gnome-terminal for a long term that's less bloated). How do I download
> Terminal from SVN? I see there's a web interface that let's you
> download a tarball, but how do I get it the old-fashioned command-line
> way - what's the svn server/login/password?

You don't need any login/password, anonymous access is provided through

  svn co https://os-cillation.com:8080/repos/terminal/trunk

But you are strongly encouraged to use the releases instead, because the
version in the SVN repository may break at any time. Releases happen on
a regular basis (atleast once per month).

> Do I even need to, or is
> it the same code as xfce4-terminal/ in the main xfce4 cvs source tree?
 > When I run xfce4-term it has tabs et al just like Terminal is supposed
 > to. Or is it just a halfway replacement for xfterm4?

No, its a different project, with same root tho.

> -Ben

HTH,
Benedikt