Xfce Live Demo and Xfce Debian Packages

Biju Chacko botsie at xfce.org
Thu Aug 26 05:58:51 CEST 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:59:02 +0200
Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> Anyway, my point was not to blame Xorg. I just wanted to make clear
> that XFree86 served the open source Unix and Linux communities very
> well for more than 10 years now and it is/was great to have XFree86!

At the risk of going very OT, I'd like to note that virtually the entire
XFree86 dev team has moved enmasse to Xorg. So rubbishing Xfree86
*today* in no way belittles the work they have done in the past. It's
just a valid warning that XFree86 is a dead project and it would be a
good idea to move on before it bitrots.

-- b