Xfce Live Demo and Xfce Debian Packages

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 25 23:18:24 CEST 2004

040825 Marcelo Coelho wrote:
>> not only that, the current version in Gentoo ( 6.7.0-r1 ) left me
>> with a bunch of very ugly fonts, which i cdn't cure however i tried.
> Did you changed the fonts path in XF86Config?

yes, yes, yes (smile): i did that & lots more !

> It sounds strange to me, because me fonts are rather good
> and last week i've installed a bunch of new fonts
> and they appeared as they meant.

i will forward my detailed msg to Gentoo User to you
& you can look at the screenshots & read my account.
this will avoid having BT do his senior prefect job re OT msgs (grin).

> But now i'm curious, why were you blacklisted, if i'm allowed to ask??

sorry, i don't understand: i sent a msg to Gentoo User which appeared there,
but got only  1  naive response: i believe it's just that no-one knows.
i decided to study fonts for myself & then try Xorg again,
by which time there probably wb another version out.
if it's still a mess, i'll try telling Gentoo Dev instead.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca