Peculiar configure behavior

Randy Chung aoshi at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Aug 8 03:13:23 CEST 2004

That's actually precisely the problem I've been talking about through
the course of the thread :)

Given that LDFLAGS was set to -L/usr/local/xfce4/lib
-R/usr/local/xfce4/lib, it should have generated a makefile which also
had -L/usr/local/xfce4/lib and -R/usr/local/xfce4/lib set.  What's
peculiar about the state of things is -L gets set properly, but -R for
some kooky reason gets set to /usr/lib, but only for a few packages
(xfcalendar, xffm, and xfrun, as far as edscott and I have been able to
tell).

I'm sure this would be trivial to fix if I was an experienced autoconf
toolchain user, but as it is I still need to do an amount of reading on
the subject.  To my shaky knowledge, Makefiles are generated via the
configure script, using the Makefile.[in.am]'s, so it seems like there
would be a simple fix amongst those files.

--

Randy