CVS compilation tool

Tue Aug 3 16:30:39 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 09:16, Randy Chung wrote:
> You're right, my mistake.  A thousand apologies :)

No apologies required. It was a reasonable question.  :-)

> You're welcome, I hope someone will find all your work useful too!
> IMHO, nothing beats that in the open source world.

BTW, speaking of Open Source, for anyone interested, there is a
relatively new book:

The Success of Open Source
by Steven Weber
ISBN 0-674-01292-5
http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog/WEBSUC.html

Weber is a Professor of Political Science at UC Berkeley and provides an
interesting insight into the history, technical, political, social,
organizational and business/legal perspectives of the Open Source
community.

I recently picked it up at our local Barnes and Noble, though I have not
yet finished it due to distractions (otherwise known as work). I have so
far found it to be a fairly balanced presentation with respect to
evangelism and pragmatism and his perspectives on some of the
personalities well known in the community. It is also interesting to get
a sense of the background and history on the evolution of the various
licensing schemes (ie. GPL, BSD, etc.), addressing both the convergence
and divergence of philosophy over time.

It is also available via Amazon.com at:

and presumably other outlets as well.

HTH,