CVS compilation tool

Tue Aug 3 15:05:22 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 01:01, Randy Chung wrote:
> You're welcome.  One more thing, your configure line needs to reflect
> the PKG_CONFIG_PATH change.  Right now you have:
>
> (stuff)
>       echo "Building Module: ${module}"
>       cd ${cvs_dir}/${module}
>       ./configure --enable-debug
>       make
>       make install
> (more stuff)
>
> But it should be
>
> (stuff)
>       echo "Building Module: ${module}"
>       cd ${cvs_dir}/${module}
>       PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH ./configure --enable-debug
>       make
>       make install
> (more stuff)
>
> Also, you don't need to explicitly make an interim NEW_CONFIG_PATH,
> though the memory hit you take doing that is pretty negligible :)
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=(some cvs dir):$PKG_CONFIG_PATH works fine all the way down.
>
> As a side note, are you double mailing the list intentionally, or is
> that your MUA going nuts?

Randy,

Good morning.

Ok, I have made both changes to the scripts. I now have the
PKG_CONFIG_PATH sequence as:

# SET REQUIRED PKG_CONFIG DIRECTORIES
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${cvs_dir}/xfce4-panel/panel:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${cvs_dir}/libxfcegui4/libxfcegui4:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${cvs_dir}/libxfce4util/libxfce4util:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${cvs_dir}/libxfce4mcs/libxfce4mcs:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${cvs_dir}/xfce-mcs-manager/xfce-mcs-manager:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${cvs_dir}/xffm/src:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${cvs_dir}/xfce4-session/xfce4-session:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

I switched the /usr/local... back to the top, so that it stays the last
item in the path as the new directories are added.

On the double mailing, I have been using reply to all, which in some
cases replies both to the list and to you, in others just to the list.

I have been getting two copies here as well, presumably because you are
doing the same?

This is on Evolution. I checked my sent folder and there is only one
copy of each outbound e-mail there. The same in the list archive. So if
you are getting two copies, it is probably because there is one to you
and one to the list.  Most lists that I subscribe to have "normal"
procedures to reply to both the author and the list, in case there are
delays in the list server, which happens sometimes.

Thanks for your help. I have posted the updated versions of the scripts
to the web site at the same URLs:

http://www.medanalytics.com/build
http://www.medanalytics.com/build-goodies

Hopefully some folks will find these to be of value.

Regards,

Marc