xfdesktop new stuff - needs testing

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 22 07:56:13 CEST 2004

done.  seems to work ok, defaults appear to be sane.  except that "don't
set backdrop" doesn't appear to do anything.  i didn't really touch this
code (aside from fixing the crash bug).  it appears when that checkbox
is checked, we grab the _XROOTPMAP_ID properly and set the virtual root
window to whatever's in that.  which appears to be the normal backdrop
that's set anyway.  i presume this is so apps that write to the real
root window and set _XROOTPMAP_ID can work properly, but if that's the
case, i think "don't set backdrop" is very misleading.

    -brian