_gtk_fnmatch

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 20 17:12:12 CEST 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, ccp-linux wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
> > Andre Lerche wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I cannot compile the current xfdesktop for example, cause
> >>

> > current = 4.0.5?  or current = CVS HEAD?  that's somewhat important ^_~.
> >
> >> usr/local/lib/libxfcegui4.so: undefined reference to `_gtk_fnmatch'
> >>

> > could be something in GtkIconTheme that i backported that's gtk
> > 2.2-specific (assuming you're talking about HEAD).   try recompiling
> > libxfcegui4 against gtk 2.4.  damn the gtk team for changing private
> > APIs ^_~.
> >
> >    -brian
> >

> >> It's gtk 2.4.0-1, do I need some additional things?
> >> Andre
> >

> In cvs HEAD libxfcegui4 gtkfilefilter.c:381 uses _gtk_fnmatch(). A
> private function in gtk 2.4

the interesting thing is that it still worked ok for me the last time i
tried it with gtk 2.2.  from a gtk 2.2.1 binary on one machine, i can
verify that it does have _gtk_fnmatch().  as does gtk 2.4.  i don't know
about gtk 2.0.x.

either way, if you're running gtk 2.4, libxfcegui4 should be using the
GtkFileFilter provided with gtk - it shouldn't use its private copy.
for now, please recompile libxfcegui4 against your current gtk.  i'll
try to come up with a better method to retain binary compat, if that is
indeed the issue.

	-brian