gtk+2.4.0 compile problems

Chris Greenman sol-pkgs at ckgreenman.net
Mon Apr 19 23:09:20 CEST 2004

Hello, I'm in the process of building the Solaris/Sparc packages of XFCE
4.0.5 but I keep running into problems compiling gtk+ ever since I
decided to upgrade to 2.4.0 (I had been using 2.2.2 with no problems).

The error I'm getting is during the configure stage.  I keeps giving me:

sh: gnome-config: not found
configure: error: Pango 1.2.0 and Xft backend is required for x11 target

First off, I'm using pango-1.4.0 (not 1.2.0).  Also I noticed that
xft.pc isn't being created.  I did find a pangoxft.pc that does not get
installed during the pango install.  I copied it over manually but now I
get:

sh: gnome-config: not found
configure: error: Xft version 2 is required for x11 target

Any suggestions?  Or should I just go back to gtk-2.2.2?

Thanks,
Chris