[a.lerche at gmx.net: Tasklist Plugin]

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Apr 18 13:14:45 CEST 2004

Andre Lerche wrote:
> On Sun, 18.04.2004 at 01:13 AM, LiNuCe wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>   IMHO, this is a good plugin but ... for 800x600 monitor, it is not
>>really usefull - even if I use it as it avoid me to waste my precious
>>desktop space (remember, 800x600 blabla ...) with XFTaskbar.
>>
>>   The fact is that people using 800x600 monitor - like me :) - need a
>>tasklist applet that didn't eat desktop space : I think your tasklist
>>applet need to much space for 800x600 monitor. The ideal thing I see is
>>a tasklist applet that display a menu with an entry for each window,
>>like a GNOME applet does or the MacOS 9 window list menu.
>

> Maybe something like that...
>
> http://home.arcor.de/andre.lerche/xfce4-tasklist-plugin-0.0.2.tgz
>
> ??
>
> I've added a new option to display the tasklist. If the option is
> disabled, you only get a button which opens the windowlist like
> the Gnome window selector.

Hmm, I would prefer the window list to look more like the one in
xfdesktop (with icons) perhaps with right-click menu on the windowlist
menu (I don't know how hard that is). The icon should have the size of
the default panel icons and it would be very cool if it could show the
icon of the active window ;)

I really would like something like this for the panel. I not convinced
the window list and the task list plugins should be the same, but we'll see.

Jasper