Net/IconThemeName

edscott wilson garcia edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Sat Apr 17 00:37:30 CEST 2004

El vie, 16-04-2004 a las 14:32, Olivier Fourdan escribió:
> Replying to myself, isn't the theme selector in the panel plugin exactly
> that now?

No idea about that, but IMHO, icon theme should be set on mcs, and apps
which use themed icons, like the panel and xffm, should listen in  and
change whenever appropriate. Such configuration would simplify things
both for the users and developers and make for a more integrated d.e..

Also, since we are moving towards the freedesktop standard, the mcs
could determine the available themes from $datadir/icons and thus
provide icon themes for xfce even though they belong to other desktops.
One very minor problem I find is that in freebsd, $datadir is not always
the same for different desktops, it can be /usr/X11R6/share or
/usr/local/share depending on the package.

regards,

Edscott

regards,

Edscott