dev FAQ?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Apr 13 19:09:42 CEST 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> > ok, we really need a dev/4.2 FAQ.  if i have to answer "will xfce have
> > support for desktop icons?" one more time, i may be forced to commit
> > homicide.  and i mean that in the nicest way possible.
> >

> Actually, I think perhaps what we need is a feature request tracker.
> Then people can comment there, point to the discussion, claim features
> to implement, reject features or support them as long as someone else
> does the work ;-), etc.

ooh!  this sounds like a much better idea.

> Then you could agree with the desktop icon request and assign it to
> yourself.

or assign it to /dev/null and watch everyone cry.
/me is in a sadistic mood today

> I don't know about implementation, but perhaps a second mantis
> installation could do it, but there may be better solutions. I certainly
> want to keep it separate from the bug reports.

hmm...  i think using another mantis installation might not be the best
idea.  i can see people being confused as to which tracker they're in.
tho if you can hange the color scheme and stuff that might help.

also, is it possible to remove options from the bug tracker's menu?  it
would be quite helpful to remove the "feature" option from the
"severity" box on the bug reporting form.  similarly, if we use another
mantis instance for a feature request tracker, some pruning there
would be in order.

	-brian