desktop menu button enlarg the panel

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 7 20:28:08 CEST 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> >

> >>The desktop menu button enlarge the panel by several pixels (about 5 or
> >>10 pixels from my own perception). This should not happen IMO.
> >

> > that's odd.  it _used_ to do that, but i just fixed it the other day.
> > well, mostly fixed it.  it shouldn't enlarge the panel by more than 1 or
> > 2 pixels (depending on the panel size).  i can't figure out why it's
> > even doing that much, but i haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time
> > on it.
> >
> > can you give me a an actual number?  perhaps by taking a screenshot
> > before and after and comparing the sizes in gimp?  or if you don't feel
> > like taking the time, posting the screenshots would be fine and i can do
> > it.
> >
> > 	-brian
> >

> Brian,
>
> Couldn't you use the xfce_iconbutton from libxfcegui4 with automatic
> scaling and forget about the sizing entirely?
>
> 	Jasper

the problem with that is the menu button has an option to display an
icon or the text "Xfce4".  also, it'll fall back to the text if the icon
isn't found (tho i suppose this part isn't important).  in addition, the
user can display the text _and_ the icon simultaneously if they want
(tho i'm not sure why).  JF wrote the patch for the option.  anyway,
correct me if i'm wrong, but i dont think xfce_iconbutton can do this
without some difficulty.

	-brian