xfce version 3 vs. 4 : missing features?

Biju Chacko biju_chacko at vsnl.net
Tue Sep 30 05:56:35 CEST 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:09:42 -0500, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> OTH, if the iconbox code problems are fixed, and a configuration option
> added to tell the wm not to use border and title, it would almost be
> like icons on the desktop. Apparently Toby has not had much time to
> spare lately and could use some help.

Just before the iconbox was released, I was thinking of implementing desktop
minimized app icons by creating a transparent iconbox. It wouldn't work exactly
like desktop icons, since they would not be freely rearrangeable or randomly
placed, but it would be close enough for my purposes. I prefer minimized apps to
be neatly lined up anyway.

-- b