XFrun Autocompletion Patch v.2

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Mon Sep 29 18:52:58 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 03:07, Eduard Roccatello wrote:
> Hello,
> this is my patch for xfrun TAB autocompletion.
> please test for bugs (i haven't find one yet).
>
> I hope you can include it into the main tree.
> I find it useful

I've tested and committed, but kept the combo list to 10 (not 20). As I
recall, Olivier does not like very long combo list. Although this
currently limits the tab completion, it will be fixed in the future: the
idea is to have the tab completion work on *all* (not 10 or 20 or 30)
programs executed before, and on mime registered types, and produce
variable combos (10 elements max) according to what is in the entry box.
The xffm exec and goto and filter boxes work this way, but still require
a few polishing details. It should then be converted to a widget so that
inclusion in xfrun4 (and xfce-minicmd-plugin ;) is straight forward.

regards,

Edscott